July has now come and gone! I’m excited to share my July recap + August goals to see where I’ve been, what I’m doing, and where I hope to end up this month. I feel like this was a productive month and I’m happy to see some positive changes in my life. I hope I can keep flourishing for the rest of this year (that feels like it is wrapping up pretty quickly!).
- I have lost 11 pounds this month doing Keto. I’m talking more about this specifically in a post coming up, but as someone with thyroid issues this is huge.
- I went to my endocrinologist appointment (these are super hard to book!). Although his bedside manner was a little lacking, it was very validating to know that my autoimmune stuff probably started in 2013 even though it was not diagnosed until 2016. This only validates me in the reason why I talk about autoimmune illness so much on my blog and social media.
- I am really enjoying my continuing education class for my teaching license. I’ve never taken a writing class for fun and I like noticing more things in my own writing and in other people’s.
- Ashley Lamar made a media kit for my blog which looks awesome while I made a digital media kit for my blog and revamped my about me page! A huge thanks to Ashley Lamar for giving me writing feedback and tips.
- It has been pretty hot outside and I’ve been kind of angsty because I need more sunshine and less mosquitoes in my life, but if that is all I have to complain about beyond just therapy self-discovery woes then I have a great life.
- I discovered the podcast Bold New Mom last month and I continue to recommend it again this month. I love every single episode on this thing!
- I bought this Pitching to Brands ebook from Ashley and it is so worth the money. It was so helpful and I’ve recommended it to several people!
- I beta-tested Ashley’s Finding Your Niche as a Lifestyle Blogger e-course which includes a lot of powerpoints with voice overs, videos, worksheets, and a great workbook. I highly recommend it and it has helped me really improve the focus on my blog and narrow down topics in the future. I highly recommend!
- Loads of keto recipes. These are the ones I’ve been collecting!
Now for goals 🙂 …
Reviewing goals from July
Spend 30 minutes daily doing something spiritual Spend 30 minutes doing maintenance cleaning everydayHaving a house guest come definitely helped with this A LOT. I need people to come to our house on a rotating basis 🙂 .
Continue purging every room in our house to simplify more
Our master bedroom and our third bedroom are my projects.
- Go to the temple
- Post 1 travel post
Nope, but I have one scheduled to come soon though! Next time I won’t wait so long to do posts because it definitely adds some stress. The spontaneous nature of our European vacation last time also makes me realize that I need to have a travel journal.
- Post 1 recipe
I’m a little out of my element with starting new dietary stuff for myself, but I’m learning!
Finish 2 booksEbooks totally count! Look for my recommendations in the favorites section! 🙂
Goals for August
- Spend 30 minutes daily doing something spiritual
- Spend 30 minutes doing maintenance cleaning everyday
- List all of my grad school textbooks that I haven’t used
- Pick one of our bedrooms to purge
- Post 1 travel post
- Schedule/write out two weeks ahead with blogging
What were some high and lows for you in July? What is a goal you have for August?
LINKUP + RULES
- Add your goal posts to the linkup: it could be your goals for the year, 101 in 1001 goals, monthly goals, or just a post that talks about a goal you have completed!
- Display the button on your blog or post (button + code is available on my sidebar)
- Comment on 3 other blog posts that are linked up!