June was a great month for spending time with family and for house keeping! Devin has been able to work from home a lot and he might have even mentioned in passing that we could look for a dog in October after we get back home; in the 6.5 years we’ve been married, this is something I’ve never heard so now I’m doing a lot of researching and thinking. I think having a dog during busy season would be so nice for the companionship and I think I would really enjoy going on walks with a dog, but I also know it is a ton of responsibility.
We’ll see what happens, but I do know that we decided to stick around home for July instead of going to Charleston or Savannah. We have a lot of stuff to do around the house and I’m actually looking forward to getting them done.
- Our sun room is looking like a real room again and I’m turning it into our office. It is amazing what a room without clutter can do. I’ve left it completely unattended since Christmas when I made some huge candles batches. I had burned myself out so much from it that I didn’t want to be in there. I’m happy to have this room back. I also feel like I’m getting into a much better routine of keeping our main rooms clean and I’ve been folding a ton of laundry. My instant pot has also been saving me a ton of cleaning time… I haven’t stove top cooked since we bought it!
- I wasn’t sure whether to put this in “high” or “low”, but I consider self-discovery a very good thing so I decided to put it here. I listened to a podcast here lately that talked about being in “seasons of yes” and “seasons of no.” I had never thought about it like this, but the past few months have been really simplified, very focused on myself and our home. It has been good, but also really different for me. I think the last few years I’ve been overextending myself and I’m finding my new equilibrium.
- A few months ago, I found a very cute piece of furniture being dropped off at the thrift store (first photo below!). I asked them if I could pay them for it and they just gave it to me for free! I was planning on restaining it or painting it, but after we got it in our dining room I realized it is perfect as is. I’ve heard of some products that can help restore some of the staining without having to do anything else + I’m looking into how to get some stains out of the marble top.
- I’ve been in kind of a funk here lately. I’ve been frustrated with appointments to Doctors.
- I went through my yearly phase of wanting to change my blog name. I’ve had this one since 2012 and found one I liked. However, after a lot of feedback that I received, I actually like this one better. (It also helps that I realized how many Pinterest images I would have to change, no thank you).
- I picked up hand, foot, and mouth disease (or whatever it is) up at church. I’m lucky because I have an extremely mild case of it, but it is seriously the itchiest thing I have experienced since chicken pox. I was not expecting to spend my summer session break from work quarantined in our house haha.
- I discovered the podcast Bold New Mom. I am not a Mom, but I feel like it is just a great podcast on self-care and thinking about your life in general. When I think I’ll like a podcast, I start at the beginning and move forward. I’m loving it!
- I loved this post by Mayim Bialik about getting naked shouldn’t be equal with empowerment.
- According to this article here, millennials are the most likely to use a library. I go to the library sometimes just to have a quiet place to work on stuff. I love the library and let’s be honest, it is nice to see something remotely positive about our generation.
- Loved this post about the heartbreak of social media here. I’m not in a season where I am having struggles with comparison and people are nice, but I just want to be where I am more.
- This book sounds so good and the article about it here definitely had me putting it on my “to read” list.
Now for goals 🙂 …
Reviewing goals from June
- Spend 30 minutes doing something spiritual a day
Spend 30 minutes doing maintenance cleaning everyday Continue purging every room in our house to simplify more
- Finish our master bedroom up
Go to the temple Go on 4 hikes/walks Enjoy time with family
Goals for July
- Spend 30 minutes daily doing something spiritual
- Spend 30 minutes doing maintenance cleaning everyday
- Continue purging every room in our house to simplify more
- Go to the temple
- Post 1 travel post
- Post 1 recipe
- Finish 2 books
What were some high and lows for you in May? What is a goal you have for June?
LINKUP + RULES
- Add your goal posts to the linkup: it could be your goals for the year, 101 in 1001 goals, monthly goals, or just a post that talks about a goal you have completed!
- Display the button on your blog or post (button + code is available on my sidebar)
- Comment on 3 other blog posts that are linked up!