This post includes affiliate links which help support The Spirited Violet.
May is over and I’m over here scratching my head wondering where the month went (and let’s be honest, year). It is already really hot outside and we’re going to our family reunion this month. I’m convinced you hit some type of time warp when you get married.
- After SEVEN YEARS, I got a brand new computer! When we got back from Europe last year, I couldn’t edit photos because my computer was too slow. I also have been flirting with the idea of doing some vlogs and my computer definitely couldn’t handle that. I’m thrilled to be using my new computer! Devin did a great job picking it out even though we have been laughing a ton that it is totally a gamer computer 😉 . You’ll be seeing a lot more photo heavy posts again!
- We went to Chattanooga! It was a great weekend with some yummy food 🙂 .
- I am OVER my two month flare up. Initially, I didn’t realize that is what it was and I thought it was just medicine side effects. I was nauseous that whole time which isn’t usually the symptoms I have. Normally, I just feel very sore and achy all of the time during a flare up. I’m hoping I feel the way I have this past week for a long time. I know I’m still healing up because of the amount of sleep I have been needing, but I am definitely on the mend 🙂 .
- I fixed up our front porch and it looks a million times better!
- I’ve also been enjoying instagram more than I normally do.
My flare up, but it went away so no complaints here! Normally, during these times I watch a lot of Netflix, but I’m finding that television adds very little joy to my life. I guess the next part is more of an observation more than anything, but I’ve essentially stopped watching television again except for The Office and really similar shows. It has been really shocking to me how graphic television has become and how out of nowhere things pop up on the screen. Podcasts have definitely been my jam here lately and I’ve been grateful for all of the suggestions people have given me. I always go in these cycles of watching a lot of TV and not watching it all, but I think having something to replace them with (Podcasts) will be more productive overall.
- I’ve been listening to the podcast Awesome with Alison non-stop over here. I’ve saved so many of these podcasts. I feel like I learn something about myself with each of her podcasts and I like how her energy is pretty light even though she talks about a variety of topics that could be very heavy. She is just very real and very happy.
- This post from Blair about the adjustment to a new place over time. We’ve lived in Georgia for 5 years and it is just now feeling like home. I’m committed to it now, but her post here totally looks like the culture shock graphics I draw out for my ESL class.
- I think Elizabeth’s post about essentially online boundaries here is really amazing. I use this blog as my personal journal to document my life and projects, but if things involve other people or I need to write out more details about something I am experiencing (when I am not resolved) then I do not write it here.
- Arch support is important and I really enjoy walking around a lot in the summer without socks. I don’t know why, but I just hate socks unless I am around the house. Here are 13 pairs of sandals that are traveler approved.
- Why Americans Smile So Much here is a great read 🙂 . We felt a little self-conscious in Europe because we are grinners. I smile and nod to people slightly out of nervous habit and slightly because I’m from such a small town.
Now for goals 🙂 …
Reviewing goals from May
I’m just going to give May a pass. My flare up was awful and I did very little outside of blogging. I’m looking forward to starting over!
Spend 30 minutes doing something spiritual a day. Spend 30 minutes doing something active a day. Spend 30 minutes doing maintenance cleaning everyday. Continue purging every room in our house to simplify more. Finish our master bedroom up! Mulch around our trees in our front yard Spray for weeds and trim up our side yard Listen to 3 audio books (I’m trying this out because I can do more while listening) Sell my grad school textbooks that I know I will not use again.
Goals for June
- Spend 30 minutes doing something spiritual a day
- Spend 30 minutes doing maintenance cleaning everyday
- Continue purging every room in our house to simplify more
- Finish our master bedroom up
- Go to the temple
- Go on 4 hikes/walks
- Enjoy time with family
What were some high and lows for you in May? What is a goal you have for June?
LINKUP + RULES
- Add your goal posts to the linkup: it could be your goals for the year, 101 in 1001 goals, monthly goals, or just a post that talks about a goal you have completed!
- Display the button on your blog or post (button + code is available on my sidebar)
- Comment on 3 other blog posts that are linked up!