I figure my monthly recap post for November is a great time to share some thoughts I’ve been having about blogging 🙂 .
After we came back from Europe, I realized I felt very differently about blogging and the internet. We had no cell phone reception the whole time and no internet for a week and I realized didn’t miss chasing page views or imposing more deadlines in my life. After I began the candles business, I realized the business side of my brain that I wanted to develop is very fulfilled right now. I’ll be honest that there used to be a part of me that felt to legitimize a hobby, it had to make money and it came from a people pleasing place; well, it simply isn’t true. I’m happy to work with companies still, but I’ve always blogged solely for catharsis and hobby until I relaunched and I’m happy to return to previous motivations.
Mainly, I just want this to be my space to share about my life and maybe have you go “oh yeah, I totally get that.” While the topics I share on here probably won’t change much, I do think that I will be writing more personally like I used to + more based on the schedule I have. SO, I feel like I can move on now that I’ve said that and return to my new normal programming 😉 .
HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE MONTH
- I sold candles at two different booths, one of which Joy helped me with, which was super nice of her! We ate at Waffle House which I think is becoming a thing.
- I have been going walking on Monday nights at the mall since it is cooler. I think this is also becoming a thing and I’m real good with that too.
- We saw Fantastic Beasts and I LOVED IT. I am definitely a Hufflepuff so I loved seeing it from that perspective and I loved the 20s era + US vibe. I’m totally going to re-read the books and we re-watched all of the movies.
- I watched all of the Gilmore Girl episodes… I was not in love, but don’t kill me.
- I found a shirt that is big enough that it feels like pajamas, but is socially acceptable in public. This is happiness personified.
- Thanksgiving with my parents + Devin’s mom and step-dad. We have a three year in a row thing going where we all do Thanksgiving next year. It is really wonderful, it helps us see each other a lot more often, and we were lucky enough to have pee-pocolypse before we had a house full of people haha!
- I finished sending off my Thanksgiving sale candles!
- I read lots of books! 🙂
- IT IS SO BEAUTIFUL OUTSIDE!!
AROUND THE WEB
- I love this post by Hannah Brencher about mental health. I really like how she articulates her experience with both medication as well as her struggles accepting it. I try to be very open about my anxiety when I find it appropriate because I’ve felt the stigma and I’ve seen people’s reactions. I love what she says here: “He tells me people say all the time that God doesn’t do the same miracles now that He used to do in the bible. He says people aren’t looking close enough. People are discounting what a “miracle” looks and sounds like. He believes it is a modern-day miracle that doctors can create medication that balances the chemicals in the brain.” Amen, amen, and amen.
- 10 types of odd friendships you’re probably part of – okay, so this one has some cusswords, but I loved every bit of it and couldn’t stop laughing. Adult friendships can be a little bizarre, but this post does a good job making fun of it.
- How to do a Life Audit – ever felt overwhelmed or underwhelmed by your life? I love this post to figure out how to audit your life.
- I’ve been loving the What Should I Read Next podcast by Modern Mrs. Darcy! She has different guests come on the show, talk about their favorite books, and then she suggests books for them to read. Love it!
- I love the kindness challenge here!
I have a few blog posts scheduled out over the next week for the first time in a few months. I’m excited to be back here a little more often!